Saturday, August 04, 2007

 
I JUST SAW KAREN WALKED BY:

It’s just like lights out in a coal mine or something of that nature wherein you can’t understand the ‘why’ of why something was done but it’s all history and they say history’s behind us so I keep packing up and looking back but the past isn’t half as much fun the second time around OR IS IT ? and in a way it is ! no snap-happy fact-checkers or buff-haired proofreaders telling you what is or what wasn’t and to Hell with all that so I keep my head down and notice the sidewalk or I lift my head up and notice the sky or stare straight ahead and observe well the whole world around me for EVERY PIECE OF IT is a piece of something else and the narrower the narrow-vision the farther afield it all seems anyway - so I walk like a spirit walks and I press my heart against the clouds as everything Humnan passes and I know better my other home - so I walk unencumbered and unrecognized by all but little do THEY know I am their brother and their God their Savior and their pupil and the only glimmer of recognition occasonally comes forth from some bent working-man in his khali's or some young-girl's eye or taxi-driver's face and some older woman's gaze  -  like they KNOW something’s up but they won’t let on and in fact the feeling I get is that THEY ALL KNOW who I am but the joke is that I’m unaware and they’re just watching me do what I do all the while in full knowledge themselves of what it’s all about and about my ignorance of it - like playing dominoes with selfhood or solitaire with the present or some Russian Roulette with the man who makes the bullets : and life is life and the moment just is.
-
‘We are most certainly something weird and the place where I last put down the hammer (and the chisel) is the same place from which the new boat of the new China has now decided to disembark - and they are unfurling the sails in the sunset but there is no wind and they are fueling up the diesel power but there is to be no power generated and everything (I am sure) will grow deadened and listless and the four great photos of one ‘Chairman Mao’ have no longer any meaning as the little cars whiz past but they keep them posted high – nonetheless – in Tienamen Sqaure so the ages can be witness to SOMETHING!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?